Thursday 13: Top posts of 2012
Only four days left of 2012. Four. Days. It’s been another whirlwind year around these parts and although I say it every December… I can’t believe another one has passed already. In addition to travel, school, work, writing, and lots and lots of cooking, I’ve been blogging up a storm per usual. And in the spirit of end-of-year countdowns, I give you a Thursday 13 recap of the most popular posts of 2012:
1. “Interesting,” the most overused word in academia and perhaps, the world
|Interesting. It means everything and yet, nothing at all.
2. Braving Bikram: What I learned about hot yoga, day 1
|One of my post-dissertation plans is to get back into Bikram. Never has my back felt so good as when I was practicing regularly. Photo credit|
3. Poppy power: Reflections on the final focus group
|By the title and photo, you might not guess that this post is about focus groups with recovering drug addicts. Photo credit|
4. DIY wedding fleurs: How to make organza flowers and bouquets
|Wedding day, July 17, 2010. The photo is my gorgeous handmade organza flower bouquet shot by Beth Baugher of True Love Photo. I crafted the flowers and my lovely mother created the bouquet using pins from my grandmother and great grandmother as my “something old” and “borrowed.”|
5. Back in the teaching saddle and loving it
|Oh, how I miss being in the classroom!|
6. Banishing verbal fillers: How umm, to like, stop saying umm and stuff
|Read it, love it, share it. Especially among the young folk. Please.
7. TTW: A prescription for life (and good posture)
|I need to practice better posture! Photo credit|
8. Be still my heart: (Insanely) Great grilled artichokes
|The best artichokes I’ve ever made, ever.
For a post on how to make, serve and eat artichokes, click here.
9. Zumba, where have you been all my life?
|I’ve been dancing Zumba for more than a year now and I LOVE it.
10. Visiting the “vampires”: Donating blood is easy, unscary and saves lives
|Hands down easiest way to save lives… donate blood. Takes less than an hour and there are snacks. Find a donation place near you! Photo Credit|
11. Southwest Flight 812: I prefer my plane without a sunroof, thanks
|Photo by yours truly from the scariest flight of my life on April 1, 2011. Nothing like a hole in the roof and an emergency landing to shake up a routine commute.|
12. The Daily Pixel: Sweet September
|Happy birthday Mr. T!
Hear the hamburger song here.
13. Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s, you come at last!
|From 2009 when I first started blogging,this post gets very popular around Christmas time. And yes, I have some Joe-Joe’s in the cupboard. Photo credit|
More Thursday 13 posts:
– A (cell phone) photo review of 2011
– Recipe round-up
– Kitchen gadgets and gizmos
– Thankful type things, part II
– Confessions, volume VII, the political edition
– Favorite places
– Flying machines
Leave a Reply