|“I am Goliath and I sit where I want.” June 11, 2014|
For awhile, I thought our 13-year old dog was stone deaf. He wasn’t heeding commands. He didn’t give any response to loud screams of “GOLIATH, NO! GO! NO, NOT ON THE NEIGHBOR’S LAWN. $%^*!”
So I enlisted Mr. T to help with an experiment. We started whispering. Turns out that while Goliath cannot acknowledge the shouts of his mistress out of doors, he can damn well pick up “Cookie” and “Wanna go out” in less than library level tones.
Thus, we are firmly in the era of old age and treachery. Old Man Dog sleeps where he wants, including, of course, where you want to walk. He goes out when he wants, or at least he’ll bark until we open the back door. And lately, he sits where he wants, including, naturally, on dainty little bits of landscaping. Because that’s how Goliath rolls.
Do you have a fun old dog story?
1. 24 Hours of Happy
2. If loving a wheelbarrow is wrong…
3. A trip to the nursery
5. Sweet peas
6. Cool as a…
7. A Butterfinger Blizzard
8. Happiness by the yard
9. Keeping the vampires at bay
10. Giving P.F. Chang’s a run for its money
11. A little Spring snow in the Sierras
12. Communing with fellow comm nerds
13. Ladies’ night
14. Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe, New Mexico
15. The shredded cedar fitness plan
16. Baby’s first Easter
17. Bathmat runways
18. Oasis in progress
19. My kind of Easter egg hunt
20. Mass cookie production