Well, I blinked and the first year of my doctoral program is done. Someone pinch me, nothing is due today! 😉
To commemorate this fabulousness, here is a Thursday 13 snapshot of the last school year:
1. Classes Taken: Theory Construction in Communication Studies, Persuasion and Social Influence, Survey of Interpersonal Communication Theory, Negotiating Work/Life Through Communication, Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis (Ahhh!), Organizational Behavior, Independent Study Project on Physician Communication.
4. Bags of Southwest peanuts* consumed: 25+
5. Hours spent yakking to Mr. T on the phone: 63.9, approximately.
6. Pages written: 250, give or take
9. Things I liked: Meeting new people, being around other nerd types, discussing minutia that few other people in the world care about
10. Things I disliked: Classes that end at 9:40 p.m., discussing minutia that few other people in the world care about (myself included), overscheduling myself
11. Things I despised: Being away from Mr. T!, acquainting myself with the letter B.
12. Things I will change up for next year: My filing system for articles/papers (any suggestions??), the overbooking, the amount of time spent procrastinating versus being productive (ha!)
13. Goals for next year: To get published**, to conduct more of my own research, to run for office in student government, to get a top paper at a conference, to pick an advisor.
13.b- Pictures from this year!
Yes, there is dress-up in grad school. (ha.)
* Dear Southwest, you know that I love you. In light of that adoration, could you please bring back the honey roasted peanuts in time for my fall flights? I tire of the salted ones. Thanks!
** Or even get rejected. This goal is to get myself motivated to send out articles. They can’t say no until I send them stuff, right??